Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Italia

Cagliari, Sardinia is a paradise. The landscape is just breathtaking - white sand beaches, palm trees, clear water, and mountains shooting up all around. I almost wanted to cancel the rest of my trip and stay for another couple weeks. It was 80s and sunny every day. Basically all we did was go to the beach, eat, drink, and party. The Mediterranean Sea was warm, salty, and bouyant. Sierra and Gregorios wedding was so wonderful. It was a twelve hour party. We started at 5 pm at the church, followed by an amazing reception which went until 2 am, then we ended up at a discoteca until the sun came up. The Italians sure do know how to party - and eat! Ive had horse, warthog, baby pig, veal, a dozen different varieties of prosciutto and salami, and more kinds of cheese than I knew existed. I think I had more tiramisu this trip than Ive had in my entire life. The beer, wine, and champagne were flowing all weekend and the only time there wasnt a bottle on the table was at breakfast. So great to spend such quality time with the family!

Just about to leave Rome for Amsterdam. In just 24 hours we managed to walk all over the city and see the Colosseum, Arch of Constantine, Forum, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, and so on. It kind of felt like walking around Las Vegas, with beer vendors at every site. There are a ton of tourists here but everyone has been so friendly and welcoming.

The wi-fi has been terrible so I havent been able to upload any pictures. Hopefully it will be strong enough in Amsterdam to get some posted. Until next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home