Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Farming Life

Not too much to report on. Just tomatoes; lots of them. Our longest day of work so far was on my birthday. We worked 11 hours but the dinner that Sheila and Katie made for me sure did make up for the long day. We had steak, scalloped potatoes, ceasar salad, watermelon, and blueberry cheesecake for desert. They are so good to me/us.

Everyday so far I have been assigned to a 20-year-old, John Deere 4450 tractor that has an open cab (no air conditioning). Today I was finally blessed with a brand new, closed cab tractor (with air conditioning!). We were harvesting the fields surrounding the houses so during our lunch break I came home and jumped in the pool. I could finally listen to my iPod (you can't even hear the music coming out of the earphones with the old open cab, 4450 tractor). Also, I brought my camera and got some pictures (everything gets too dirty in the 4450 tractor to bring a camera). It was the best day ever!

I'll finally post some pictures when I finish uploading them.

PS - the farmer's tan is looking real good. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home