Dancin' Shoes
I got a little live music fix the past couple of nights. On Wednesday, I saw Femi Kuti & the Positive Force at the Oregon Zoo. Last night, I saw Gene Ween solo at the Doug Fir. Both were great shows and it was the first time I've seen either act.









I was supposed to go to the zoo with Kate but she had to work late so I decided to go alone. How could I not have a good time at show at the zoo? I ended up seeing my friends Greg and Tiff who I know through moe. so it worked out great. I got to the zoo around 5 pm and saw most of the animals by 6. Then I got some dinner before the show started at 7. The venue inside the zoo had a fun, family picnic vibe. The lawn was covered with blankets and lawn chairs with a big dance pit up front. Femi Kuti was incredible. I've been wanting to see him for a while.
Last night was Gene Ween! I went with Erin and Ryan. Once again I saw Greg and Tiff so I was in good company all night. The Doug Fir is an intimate lounge with a retro log cabin theme; a very cool place to see a show. It was basically a big sing along with a ton of Ween classics being played. Everyone seemed to feel lucky to be in the building; as did I since the show sold out months in advance. Luckily my sister knows a bartender there that we just happened to bump into earlier in the day. He put us on the "hold list". We still had to pay but that was fine by me, I was just happy to get in!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home