Tuesday, June 14, 2011

On the Road Again

Well it's about time to get back on the road. Or onto a plane, or twelve, first. It all starts with two and a half weeks in Europe with my sister Erin - a college graduation present from our parents (a little early for me). Thanks, Mom and Dad! The basis of the Europe portion of the trip is to go to our cousin Sierra's wedding on the island of Sardinia (Italy) and see our Mom's house on the tiny island of Papa Westray in Scotland for the first time. Stops in Europe include Paris, Sardinia, Rome, Amsterdam, London, Edinburgh, Kirkwall, Papa Westray, and London again. Erin and I will meet our Mom in London and do the UK portion of the trip with her.

I'll then fly directly from London to Los Angeles where I'll work on my family's farm in Bakersfield as a tractor driver for the tomato harvest (see previous blog entries for details). My friend Bene and his dog Blue are driving across the country to meet me in California and work the harvest as well. On August 2 my friend Amanda flies into Los Angeles. Amanda, Bene, Blue, and I will then spend two weeks driving up the west coast from Los Angeles all the way to Vancouver (Go Bruins!). We'll be camping and hiking the whole way. We'll then drop Amanda off in Portland, OR so she can fly home, and Bene, Blue, and I will drive back with scheduled stops in Yellowstone and Badlands.

I have to give a shout out to my grandma, Polly Weaver, who has driven across the country more times than anyone can remember. She is my inspiration in life, and in travel, and the reason for this blog.

See you in August, New England!

Here's what the itinerary looks like:
6/16 Arrive in Paris
6/17 Arrive in Cagliari (Italy)
6/20 Arrive in Rome
6/21 Arrive in Amsterdam
6/23 Arrive in London
6/25 Arrive in Edinburgh
6/26 Arrive in Kirkwall
6/28 Arrive in Papa Westray
7/1 Arrive in London
7/2 Arrive in Los Angeles
8/2 Amanda arrives in LA - begin drive up the west coast
8/20 Amanda departs from Portland, OR - begin drive back across country

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home