Oregon Coast & More Gorge Waterfalls
On Sunday, I finally made my first visit of this trip to the Oregon coast. I went with Erin, Ryan, Ryan's brother Chris, and four of Chris' friends... and the dogs. We went to Short Sands Beach, just South of Cannon Beach. It was a good ol' day of relaxation. We played frisbee, got our feet wet, watched the surfers and watched an amazing sunset. We also saw some Discovery Channel type stuff. All of a sudden a bald eagle was heading straight for us with some sort of duck or seagull clutched in its talons. I scrambled to get my telephoto lens on my camera but he was half way down the beach by the time I was ready. I saw the general area where he landed so I decided to investigate. I got pretty close and got a few shots of him in the tree. Then I must have spooked him because he took off and headed back towards where everyone was sitting. They said that as a few other birds were chasing him, he dropped the prey. Out of nowhere another bald eagle swooped in and caught the prey mid-air. They took off for the woods and we all looked at each other in astonishment.







Yesterday, I did some more hiking in the Gorge. This time I went to Latourell Falls which is just West of Multnomah Falls. Afterwards, I drove up to the Vista House and got a few shots just after the sun set.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home